The City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department has revealed the line-up for this year’s Chalk the Block festival (CTB).
Every October, the streets of Downtown El Paso become canvasses for artists to display their chalk masterpieces at Chalk the Block. This year, the festival will be held on October 14, 15, and 16 in the heart of the Downtown Arts District with the following line-up:
- Go For It – Matthew Hoffman, Chicago, Illinois
- The Carpetbag Brigade – New River, Arizona
- Selfie Wall – Agency Architecture, El Paso, Texas/Clayton, Missouri
- Gon Kirin – Teddy Lo – Hong Kong
- Wall to Wall Mural Project – Curated by Los Dos featuring local and regional artists
“This festival started with 12 artists and 5,000 people attending. We have steadily grown to include more than 200 artists, vendors and musicians and installations from around the world,” said Assistant Director of Museums and Cultural Affairs Ben Fyffe.
Chalk the Block is a collaborative event created by the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department and the El Paso Community Foundation and sponsored by the Rudolph family of dealerships.
For more information about Chalk the Block, call 212-0110.