The annual conservation time-of day watering schedule begins Friday, April 1 through September 30. Outdoor watering will be permitted before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. on designated days.
This year marks 25 years of conservation in El Paso. EPWU’s conservation program was one of the first in the nation and has successfully decreased water use by more than 30 percent, which helps preserve groundwater in the Hueco and Mesilla aquifers for future generations.
Through a combination of education, enforcement and incentives, El Paso has reduced water consumption.
El Paso’s landscape watering regulations are included in the City’s water conservation ordinance:
- No Residential Watering: Mondays
- Even-Numbered Addresses: Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays
- Odd-Numbered Addresses: Wednesdays, Fridays or Sundays
- Water is allowed before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Landscape irrigation for parks, schools, cemeteries, golf courses and industrial sites is permitted on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays
To report violations of the ordinance contact 594-5500 or visit epwu.org under the “conservation” tab.
Violations are considered a Class C misdemeanor that can result in fines of up to $500.00.