Crews will move 30 massive beams into place at the I-10/Mesa intersection starting Sunday night.
Paisano (US 85) – Continuous
Starting at 1 p.m. on Dec. 3, and re-opening at 5 a.m. on Dec. 11
- The Paisano Drive (US 85) Entrance Ramp to I-10 Westbound will be closed. To enter I-10 Westbound, drivers may use the Sunland Park Entrance Ramp.
Crews will be moving bridge beams into the area temporarily in preparation for the operation at I-10 and Mesa. [Map 1]
I-10 and Mesa – Overnight
Sunday, Dec. 4-Thursday, Dec. 8
Sunday, Dec. 11-Thursday, Dec. 15
Sunday, Dec. 18
9 p.m. each night to 6 a.m. each morning
- I-10 Westbound will be completely closed between the North Mesa Exit Ramp (Exit 11) and the North Mesa Entrance Ramp.
- I-10 Eastbound will be reduced to one lane between the North Mesa Exit Ramp (Exit 11) and North Mesa Entrance Ramp.
- North Mesa Street (SH 20) will be completely closed in both directions between North and South Desert Boulevard frontage roads.
GO 10 recommends people avoid the intersection during the operation or follow the detour signs in place. [Map 2]
Crews will be moving 30 bridge beams into the area and using two cranes to set those beams into place. The longest beam is 164-feet long, more than six-feet tall, weighs 57 tons, and will completely span North Mesa Street (SH 20) once in place. This marks the first of three phases that will transform the I-10 Overpass at North Mesa Street (SH 20).
DETOUR: The detour will be substantial for drivers who wish to travel along North Mesa Street (SH 20). An illustration is provided on Map 2.
Executive – Overnight
Sunday, Dec. 4
9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The I-10 Westbound Executive Exit Ramp (Exit 16) will be closed.
Crews will be removing barrier walls. [Map 1]
I-10 East – Daytime
Monday, Dec. 5-Friday, Dec. 9
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day
- A left lane on I-10 Eastbound will be closed for about a half mile between North Mesa Street (SH 20) and the Resler Flyover Ramp.
Crews will be working on bridge columns. Fact: There are 29 bridges in the GO 10 work zone and all of them will be expanded. [Map 1]