Twelve EPISD schools earn a spot on the 2019-2020 Educational Results Partnership Honor Roll in recognition of their work in closing achievement gaps and helping students reach their academic goals.
“High-quality teaching and learning are happening throughout EPISD and the Educational Results Partnership Honor Roll is one way of showcasing some of the amazing work our educators are doing on a daily basis,” said Interim Superintendent Vince Sheffield.
“I congratulate the 12 school who were honored by the partnership and encourage them to continue to thrive for excellence so that our students can reap the benefits.”
The ERP Honor Roll recognizes public elementary, middle and high schools that demonstrate high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps throughout the United States.
In EPISD, the honored campuses are:
- Collins Elementary
- Green Elementary
- Hawkins Elementary
- Lamar Elementary
- Mesita Elementary
- Mitzi Bond Elementary
- Polk Elementary
- Western Hills Elementary
- Young Women’s Academy
- Wiggs Middle
- Silva Health Magnet High
- Transmountain Early College High
The Partnership measured success by identifying specific learning objectives aligned to college and career readiness. Some of those objectives include:
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- Defined system-wide mission of college and career readiness for all students
- Investment in human capital
- Maintenance of data and assessment systems to monitor school and student performance
- Resources and guidance to support school efforts in preparing all students for college and career
Author: Gustavo Reveles – El Paso ISD