‘Tis the season to bring hope to homeless pets at El Paso Animal Services
Tis the season to bring hope to homeless pets at El Paso Animal Services
WHAT: BISSELL Pet Foundation is hosting its “Empty the Shelters – Holiday Hope” adoption event December 6 – 20, 2021, an effort that has helped more than 67,758 pets find homes in shelters throughout the country. During each nationwide event, BISSELL Pet Foundation sponsors reduced adoption fees for $25 or less. The “Empty the Shelters – Holiday Hope” event will be hosted in more than 230 shelters in 41 states and Canada.
WHEN: December 6-20, 2021
Note – not every shelter is participating for the full event. Potential adopters are encouraged to visit the “Empty the Shelters” website to find the nearest participating shelter and confirm their adoption day details.
WHERE: 230+ shelters across 41 states and Canada
INTERVIEWS: Each location is likely to have a spokesperson available for interviews at the adoption events. Please contact the shelter closest to you to coordinate the details.
QUOTE: “Shelters are overcrowded and in desperate need of support due to slowed adoption rates and increased length of stay for pets,” said Cathy Bissell, Founder of BISSELL Pet Foundation. “With so many people seeking to add pets to their family around this time of year, our ‘Empty the Shelters – Holiday Hope’ event is the perfect opportunity to make a difference in your community by saving a life and creating space to give another homeless pet a chance.”
DETAILS: Below are some talking points and additional facts about BISSELL Pet Foundation.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation was founded in 2011 by Cathy Bissell.
- “Empty the Shelters” has helped 67,758 pets find homes across the country and in Canada since its inception in 2016.
- “Empty the Shelters” provides reduced adoption fees at shelters, typically ranging from $0 to $25 per animal adoption.
- Although pets can feel like a gift in terms of the joy they bring to life, BPF reminds prospective pet parents that adopting a pet during the holidays is a long-term commitment.
- Click Here for more information.