It was only 40 years ago when a galaxy far, far away used the force and impacted pop culture for years to come. It finally comes to an end with the premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on Thursday, December 19 at 6:00 pm.
To celebrate the end of an era, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo will be throwing what they’re calling the ‘biggest Star Wars party ever in the universe.’
“Find out if director and co-writer, J.J. Abrams answers all of your questions. Can the decimated forces of the Resistance, led by Rey, Finn, Poe, and General Leia, finally defeat the First Order? Is Kylo Ren – the former Ben Solo – truly irredeemable? What’s scoundrel king Lando Calrissian up to? And how is Emperor Palpatine involved in the events of the sequel trilogy?” Alamo officials shared.
Aside from the premiere, Alamo Drafthouse has several Star Wars-themed events planned.
If you want to find out if you’re a true Star Wars fan, join Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo for Let the Wookie Win: A Star Wars Quiz On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. Admission is $5.
Geeks Who Drink take over the Glass Half Full Taproom and quiz all you young padawans on Episodes IV through VIII and Rogue One for prizes. Fans can recruit up to six teammates, dress up as their favorite Star Wars characters and use the force to earn bragging rights and win a prize.
To register for Let the Wookie Win: A Star Wars Quiz – click here.
Forget the original Loteria and Millennial Loteria, it’s all about Estar Guars Loteria! Local artist, Roman Martinez’s Estar Guars Loteria includes a lightsaber as “la machete,” BB8 as “el melon,” Princess Leia as “la dama” and many, many more STAR WARS characters with Mexican titles.
Play Estar Guars Loteria in the Glass Half Full Taproom on:
- Thursday, December 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 20, from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday, December 21, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Painting Party and Cosplayers
For those who can’t make it to the Estar Guars Loteria or the Let the Wookie Win: A Star Wars Quiz, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo is also hosting a Star Wars Painting Party on Friday, December 20, at 6:00 p.m. and Cosplayers on Thursday, December 20 through Saturday, December 21, at 6:00 p.m.
When Alamo Drafthouse says they are going to throw the ultimate Star Wars party that doesn’t just mean themed events, that also means a Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, available on the opening week.
The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker menu includes:
- Trash Compactor Pizza: Gochujang mustard fried chicken wings, cucumber sticks and wasabi ranch
- Soba Noodle Salad: Buckwheat noodles, avocado, brussel sprouts, baby spinach, cucumber, sesame and tofu
- Chewy Cookies: Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies, toasted pecans and bacons
- Blue Milk Shake: Blended Skyy Infusions Pineapple Vodka, blue Curacao, coconut cream and vanilla soft serve. Topped with whip cream.
- The Rye-sistance: Wild Turkey 101 Rye, Averna Amaro, Liber & Co, Orgeat and grapefruit
- Do or Do Not, There Is No Rye: Skyy Infusions Watermelon Vodka, Midori Melon liqueur, lime and a splash of gingerbeer topped with grenadine
- Powerful Dark Force: Wild Turkey 101 Rye, Kahlua, Liber & Co. Orgeat and Alamo Cold Brew
- Big Swamp: Skyy Infusions Pineapple Vodka, green tea, matcha powder, Liber & Co. and ginger syrup
For those fans looking to have your own Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker goodies, they can purchase a Mondo x Drafthouse Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker glass when they buy a ticket for the movie.
Fans can choose between artist Cesar Moreno’s Light Side or Dark Side designs or if you can’t choose, grab both!
Tickets for the opening week of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker are on sale now and can be purchased via this link.