EPISD Pre-K Enrollment 2022
The time to enroll your 3-, 4- or 5-year-old child in El Paso ISD’s (EPISD) innovative pre kinder or kindergarten programs has arrived!
Join us from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 23, at every elementary and PK-8 campus in the District for Pre-K and Kinder Day in EPISD! On this day, families can come learn more about the academic programs and get registered on site for the 2022-23 school year.
El Paso ISD offers half-day Pre-K 3 to qualifying 3-year-olds at 13 campuses located throughout the District. EPISD’s full-day Pre-K 4 for 4-year-olds and Kindergarten for 5-year-olds is open to all families in El Paso County, regardless of federal qualification requirements.
EPISD’s pre-kindergarten and kindergarten options all feature Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) and dual language. Monolingual classes are available at certain schools, but dual language is offered at all pre-k sites.
On April 23, schools will be able to answer parent questions about the pre-kinder and kinder programs and enroll students who are ready to start their journey. Staff will be available to help parents register on site.
Parents are asked to bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization records and a utility bill or military housing orders for proof of residency.
Three-year-old students who are ready to enroll can get qualified on site, too. Any 3-year-old in El Paso County who meets the following requirements may register for Pre-K 3 in EPISD:
- Does not speak or comprehend the English language; or
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced – Price Lunch Program; or
- Homeless as defined by 42 U. S. C. Section 11302; or
- The child of an active-duty armed forces member or state military forces; or
- The child of an armed forces reserve member who is ordered to active duty; or
- The child of an active-duty member of the armed forces, state military forces or reserve component who is injured or killed while serving on active duty; or the child is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the department of family and protective services following an adversary hearing.
Age requirements for enrollment in EPISD Pre-K and Kinder are as of Sept. 1, 2022.
For Video, Click Here