This week, Canutillo ISD was honored with 17 Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) Star Awards – including two Best in Category – in recognition for outstanding school communications and projects.
“This last year was one of the most challenging years educational institutions have ever faced,” said Canutillo ISD Marketing and Communications Officer Liza Rodriguez. “I am proud of the way our team came together to communicate important information and highlight the District’s accomplishments to the community.”
The Star Awards are presented to TSPRA members in categories that commend public relations efforts of school communication offices throughout Texas. CISD competes in the under 10,000 students category.
Canutillo ISD received two Best in Category awards for Printed External Newsletter “Envisions” and for a Poster on the “3W’s of Health.” Also, CISD earned a Crystal Commendation Certificate of Merit in the Foundation/Partnership Special Event/Celebration category for their entry “Canutillo ISD 60th Diamond Jubilee”.
In total, CISD received 12 Gold Stars and four Silver Stars in the following categories:
- Printed External Newsletter for “Envisions Newsletter” – Best in Category
- Poster for “3 W’s of Health” – Best in Category
- Flyer for “Canutillo ISD 60th Diamond Jubilee” – Gold Star
- Program for “Canutillo ISD 60th Diamond Jubilee” – Gold Star
- Holiday/Greeting Card for “Canutillo ISD Holiday Card” – Gold Star
- Video Promotional for “Everyone Counts! Counting Young Children!” – Gold Star
- Handbook/Manual for “Summer S.A.L.T. (Sustaining Academic Learning Together)” – Gold Star
- Video Marketing for “Canutillo ISD – A Premier District 2019” – Gold Star
- Writing for “A Premier District” – Gold Star
- Video Feature Story for “Canutillo High School Class of 2020” – Gold Star
- Video Feature Story for “Canutillo ISD District Teachers of the Year 2019-2020” – Gold Star
- Logo Trademark Symbol for “GRIT Tech 2.0” – Gold Star
- Calendar/Planner for “Academic Calendar” – Silver Star
- Writing for “Summer S.A.L.T.” – Silver Star
- Writing for “Northwest girls take over the computer science world” – Silver Star
- Writing for “Message from the Superintendent” – Silver Star