The Downtown Art and Farmers Market is the place to get locally grown and raised produce and agricultural products and support local growers. On Saturday, October 24, the Market will celebrate National Food Day with a community resource fair in addition to the local vendors who regularly sell their products at the Market.
Food Day is a nationally celebrated movement which aims to inspire people to change their diets and our food policies.
Every October 24, thousands of events all around the nation bring the public together to celebrate and enjoy fresh foods rather than processed or packaged, through the support of seasonal, sustainable, local and regionally grown produce and agricultural products.
Visitors to the Market are encouraged to learn about the wealth of nutrition, health, and wellness resources El Paso has to offer.
This year the FREE event promises to provide educational, fun activities including but not limited to the following:
· 9:00 am: Kidical Mass with Velo Paso Bicycle Pedestrian Coalition
· 9:00 – 10:30 am: Live performance by Covergirl Miss Dee Monique
· 10:00 am: FREE Family Yoga w/Certified instructor, Rubi Orozco
· 9:45 am, 11:45 am, 12:30 pm: Healthy Cooking the Market fresh way featuring Chef Jackie of the Green Ingredient
· 11:00 am: Juicing Seasonally: It Does a Body Good, featuring Farz of Mom’s Fresh Juice
· 11:00 am: Kid’s Halloween Costume Contest
· 11:30 am – 1 pm: Live entertainment by Mishael Coss and the Jackpots
· FREE Pumpkin Painting for the first 100 youths in costume
· Healthy Trick or Treating for kids in costume at participating community and vendor booths, while supplies last.
· Free face painting for kids.
About the Market:
The Market operates every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information and/or to become a vendor, visithttp://www.
Author: City of El Paso