The long-running partnership between the National Park Service and City of El Paso’s Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD) continues this weekend, as the duo host the first of the annual Music Under the Stars concerts.
The four concerts hosted at the Memorial will start on on Sunday, June 9 at 7:30 p.m.
This summer’s concert series will feature a variety of musical styles as selected by MCAD.
June 9: Soul Parade will perform Indie Rock and Pop music
June 16: Tribes will perform Indie/Mariachi music
June 23: Our Friend, The Mountain will perform Folk Rock music
June 30: Mariachi Alegre will perform Noche Ranchera music
Superintendent Sanchez reminds concert-goers and other park visitors of the following rules for safe and fun family events at the Memorial:
- No outside alcohol is permitted from June 1-August 31 each year; there will be park-authorized vendors selling alcohol, food, and other refreshments during concerts. All coolers and ice chests are subject to search. Please be sure to have a designated driver and remember to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated in the summer heat.
- No pets are allowed on concert day afternoons through evenings for the safety of the animals as well as park visitors.
- Glass containers are never permitted on the grounds.
- No personal fireworks are allowed.
- Grills are not permitted in the concert area surrounding the amphitheater but are allowed in other areas of the park. Please dispose of coals only in designated containers.
- Running, kicking, and throwing games as well as bicycling and smoking are not permitted in the concert area but are allowed in other areas of the park.
- Shade structures and umbrellas are permitted in the concert area but must be taken down before the concert begins.
- Chairs and blankets are welcomed.
For the complete 2019 Music Under the Stars season schedule and to find information about parking and shuttle options, please refer to the MCAD website or call 915-212-0110.
To find out more about events and general visitor information for Chamizal National Memorial, please visit our website or call 915-532-7273.