Wednesday afternoon, officials with the City of El Paso Department of Public Health (DPH) ‘strongly encouraged’ community members to seek preventative health services and maintain their wellbeing, via the city’s care center.
Residents are invited to schedule an appointment to receive vital health exams, family planning services, or treatments at the CommUnity Care Center, located at 5115 El Paso Drive. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Services are provider-informed/client-centered and designed for individuals (all genders and pronouns) of reproductive age (serving adolescents). CommUnity Care Center services include the following:
- Reproductive physical exam
- Screening for smoking and alcohol/substance use/abuse
- Cervical cancer screening
- HCV testing and linkage to care
- Breast exams
- Pap smears
- Effective birth control methods
- Vasectomies (though partnering provider)
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Basic infertility services
- STD prevention education, screening and treatment
- HIV testing and referral for treatment and prevention to include evidence-based interventions, assessment and PrEP services
- Counseling on effective methods to prevent pregnancy and STDs
- Referral services to primary care and other medical/ social services
Clients with a household income at or below 250 percent of the current Federal Poverty Level may apply for a discount. Services will not be denied based on an individual’s inability to pay.
Officials say patients may pay with cash, checks and major credit cards for services rendered based on the patient’s individual care plan. Medicaid and some private insurances are accepted.
Individuals must bring a valid form of identification when seeking services. These services include an initial evaluation and determination if the client is a candidate for certain procedures. All services are strictly confidential.
Initial appointments can be made online via the City’s Q-Less link or call (915) 212-0200 and select option 5.