The City of El Paso’s Capital Improvement Department has scheduled a community meeting at which members of the public will have the opportunity to view the final design plans for the Richard Burges Library renovations.
This $1.4 million dollar investment is funded by the Quality of Life Bond program, and will allow for the expansion of this highly utilized library. The project includes the following amenities and services as part of the project:
- Transformation of 2,200-square-feet of unfinished space into a dedicated children’s room
- Integration of a new and colorful public art piece designed by local artist Hal Marcus
- Expanded & dedicated computer lab with double the number of computers available for public use
- Expanded community meeting room space
- Additional study rooms
- Dedicated and revitalized Teen Area
- Dedicated Friends of the Library bookstore
- Self Service check out stations
This project is part of the City of El Paso’s commitment to enhancing the quality of life and visual image for business, residents and visitors.
WHO: City of El Paso Capital Improvement Department
WHAT: Community meeting
WHEN: 6 p.m. Thursday, May 5, 2016
WHERE: Northeast Regional Command Center, 9600 Dyer