After an emergency approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Moderna Inc., have begun the second distribution of COVID-19 vaccinations throughout the nation.
“The El Paso Fire Department and Department of Public Health is expecting a shipment of vaccinations to arrive this week. This first shipment from Moderna contains 900 doses for fire fighters and 2,100 for healthcare workers,” said El Paso Fire Chief Mario D’Agostino.
“These doses will be distributed among our members, prioritizing those in the frontlines in constant contact with our community. This includes personnel at the fire stations and testing sites.”
The City of El Paso will receive 3,000 vaccinations this week as part of the Phase 1 distribution for first responders and medical personnel.
The DPH is highly encouraging providers who meet requirements to register as soon as possible. To enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider, professionals and facilities must register at EnrollTexasIZ.dshs.texas.gov.
- Register through EnrollTexasIZ.dshs.texas.gov
Any questions regarding COVID-19 Provider enrollment, Hotline: 877-835-7750. COVID19VacEnroll@dshs.texas.gov
- Provide vaccination regardless of recipient’s ability to pay
- Provide a vaccination record to each recipient
- Comply with cold chain management requirements
- Report number of doses received, used and lost for any reason
- Comply with reporting requirements using the providers online portal
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination program, click here.