Wednesday, officials with the City of El Paso encouraged residents with and without dental insurance to consider scheduling an appointment at the Department of Public Health’s Rawlings Dental Clinic
The clinic, located at 3301 Pera Avenue, offers pediatric dental services to individuals 6 months to 21 years of age.
Appointments for routine and emergency treatment are available. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, daily appointments are limited in order to keep patients and employees safe.
The dental services available are as follows:
- comprehensive dental exams;
- diagnostic X-rays;
- preventative treatment including cleaning, fluoride application, sealants, oral hygiene instructions with products provided;
- restorative treatment including fillings, pulpotomies, stainless steel crowns, space maintainers, root canal therapy and extractions;
- nutritional counseling.
Medicaid, CHIP and private insurance is accepted. Families without insurance may qualify for program assistance outlined below:
- family must reside in El Paso county;
- must provide proof of current address (Texas ID or utility bill);
- proof of relationship to the patient (patient’s birth certificate, legal guardianship, or Medicaid form);
- provide verification of most recent Gross Income for the household (3 check stubs, employer letter, social security, or SSI).
Patients without other resources may pay on a sliding-fee schedule based on family income.
For more information on qualification or to schedule an appointment, please call 915-212-8000.