The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will host free Halloween Carnivals at several recreation centers this weekend.
“We’re excited to be welcoming our families back to our recreation centers for these Halloween Carnivals,” said Cultural Affairs and Recreation Managing Director Ben Fyffe. “Our staff is working around the clock to plan safe and fun Halloween activities for kids that will include plenty of interactive games and trick-or-treating.”
The free events for kids – running from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, October 31 -will feature jumping balloons, carnival games, candy and treats.
Parents are encouraged to bring their children dressed in their costumes to participate in a costume contest.
Halloween Carnivals will be held at the following locations:
- Chamizal Community Center, 2101 Cypress Ave
- Galatzan Recreation Center, 650 Wallenberg
- Gary del Palacio Recreation Center, 3001 Parkwood
- Marty Robbins Recreation Center, 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
- Officer David Ortiz Recreation Center, 563 N. Carolina Dr.
- The Beast Urban Park, 13501 Jason Crandall
- Sylvia A. Carreon Community Center, 709 Lomita Dr.
- Valle Bajo Community Center, 7480 Alameda Ave.
- Veterans Recreation Center, 5301 Salem St.
Children and parents are reminded to continue practice social distancing, wash their hands and are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings, as additional health precautions to guard against COVID-19.
For our previous coverage of El Paso Parks and Rec, click here.