Several COVID-19 testing sites will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday, but will resume their regular schedule on Friday, November 27, 2020.
Health officials strongly advise the public to stay home this Thanksgiving and not gather with loved ones who don’t live in the same household. Infected persons with little to no symptoms can still spread the virus to others and the people they spread it to may become seriously ill or even die, especially if the person is one of our most vulnerable residents such as our seniors, people with underlying health conditions and those who are immunocompromised.
The following two City testing sites will remain open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 26:
- Memorial Park, 1701 N. Copia St.
- Eastwood Park (also known as Album Park), 3110 Parkwood St.
The City will close the Eastside testing site, 301 George Perry Blvd., and the Westside testing site, 7400 High Ridge Dr., on Thursday, Nov. 26. The two sites will resume their regular hours of operation on Friday, November 27.
Appointments are required for the City testing sites and can be made by scheduling online.
All State testing sites will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and will resume regular hours on Friday, November 27. The state sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Sunday, are listed below:
- Ascarate Park, 6800 Delta, El Paso, TX
- El Paso Community College Valle Verde Campus, 919 Hunter Dr., El Paso, TX
- Nation Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr., El Paso, TX
- SISD Student Activities Complex, 1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX
- UTEP Schuster 1 Parking Lot (Shuster Avenue and Spur 1966 Roundabout, on the south side of the complex), El Paso, TX
- Eastside Sports Complex, 14380 Montwood, El Paso, TX
- Region 19 Kenworthy Complex, 9776 Kenworthy, El Paso, TX
All State Rural testing sites will also be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and will resume regular hours on Friday, Nov. 27. The State Rural sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, are listed below:
- West Valley Fire St., 510 Vinton Rd., Anthony, TX
- ESD #2 HQ, 16001 Socorro Rd., Fabens, TX
For more COVID-19 information to include testing, data and prevention, visit www.epstrong.org.