Photo courtesy Visit El Paso
Officials announced on Thursday a birthday bash for the city, and all residents are invited to the free event.
The City of El Paso will host the 146th birthday celebration Sunday, May 19, from noon to 5 p.m. at Cleveland Square Park, 510 North Santa Fe, next to the Main Library and the El Paso Museum of History.
The City, which was officially incorporated in 1873, will be celebrating our heritage and looking to our future.
Happy Birthday will be sung to the City at about 2 p.m. and free cake will be distributed to those in attendance while it lasts.
Admission to the birthday party is free and open to the public. Free meter parking available on Sunday. Ride the Streetcar and receive a free souvenir.
The event will include fun activities throughout the day for the whole family including:
- Live music and entertainment on stage
- VIVA El Paso, Tigua Dancers of Ysleta del Sur Pueblo, Samba and La Fe Folklorico performances
- Mascot Dance-Off
- Over 30 booths providing free games and activities
- Food Trucks
- Stories for kids
- El Paso Stories and Legends
- Only In El Paso Movie Series
- Free Guided Scooter Tours – to make a reservation call (915) 212-0321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo Booth
- Raffle Items
- Free birthday cake at 2 p.m. while it lasts and much more
For more information visit the City website.