Sun Metro will soon introduce two new Brio Systems – Alameda and Dyer – to improve the overall public transit system by providing faster and more effective transportation options that span from the Northeast and Mission Valley to downtown.
To boost community awareness about the changes Sun Metro will have information booths at all transit centers and will host two community meetings.
Alameda and Dyer will be the second and third corridor systems to be activated. Mesa Brio launched in 2014. Brio provides riders with improved speed and reliability through traffic signal prioritization for its buses, and offers upgraded amenities such as free WiFi, enhanced pedestrian pathways and lighting, and new branded and landscaped stations.
Sun Metro will implement schedule adjustments to existing routes to improve efficiencies and minimize the duplication of services as a result of the new Brio services.
The schedule adjustments and service improvements will become effective Sunday, September 22, 2019. The complete list along with the route maps are also available online at sunmetro.net.
The public is invited to learn more about Brio and other service improvements by attending one of the following events:
Information Booth Dates:
- September 16-20 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at all Sun Metro Transit Centers to reach weekday riders
- September 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at all Sun Metro Transit Center to reach weekend customers
- September 23–27 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Downtown Transit Center & Eastside Transit Center to reinforce schedule changes
Community Meeting Dates:
- September 17 at 6 p.m. at the Northgate Transit Center, 9347 Diana Drive
- September 18 at 6 p.m. at the Mission Valley Transit Center, 9065 Dyer
The impacted routes are Routes 3, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 51, 52, 53, 55, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 66, 71, 72, 73, 74, Alameda Brio, and Dyer Brio.
For more information about Sun Metro, call (915) 212-3333. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sunmetro or follow us on Twitter @SunMetro