The City of El Paso Mass Transit Department invites the public to two community meetings to share construction details for the Dyer Brio project, a high-quality rapid transit system that will connect the community from the Downtown to the future Northgate Transfer Center.
The total length of this $38.4 million dollar project will offer El Pasoans many of the benefits of improved speed and reliability that much larger cities provide through light rail transit systems, but the Brio has the added advantage of having a much lower implementation cost. Station amenities will feature:
- Bus shelters (providing wind and sun protection)
- Installation of a raised platform (providing near-level boarding)
- Pre-paid automatic ticket vending
- Benches, leaning rails, bike racks and trash cans
- Sidewalk improvements
- Landscaping and pedestrian lighting
WHO: Sun Metro
WHAT: Two Community Meetings for Dyer Brio
WHEN/WHERE: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Northeast Regional Command, 9600 Dyer
Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Memorial Park Senior Center, 1800 Byron St.