Thursday afternoon, officials with the Downtown Management District (DMD) announced the return of the Downtown Barstool Open presented by Miller Lite and TopGolf on Saturday, January 25th, 2020, as well as the expansion of the event.
“The event sold out the first two years and exceeded our target goals for registrations. It shows that El Pasoans enjoy their downtown and expanding the event will allow more people to experience more of what it has to offer,” said DMD Executive Director, Joe Gudenrath.
This miniature golf tournament spreads holes across 13 different downtown bars and restaurants with participants playing nine (9) holes. Teams of four (4) travel from location to location to complete their round and compete for prizes.
Teams can register online now through January 20th for $60 per team, from January 21-25 the price increases to $80 per team. Space is limited and this event is expected to sell out.
Each member of the team will receive a swag bag, miniature golf ball and other swag items, the opportunity to compete for a variety of prizes, and experience of downtown’s best bars.
Registration and event information can be accessed online. The event will be held on Saturday, January 25th. Packet pick-up and day-of registration (if space available) will be open from 9am-12pm at Circa 1963 in Hotel Indigo.
Golfing will be from 11am-3pm, with teams guiding themselves to the various locations at their leisure and in their desired order. An awards ceremony will be held at 3:30pm at Circa 1963 in the Indigo Hotel.
Additionally, DMD officials share that their new 2020 calendar is out, featuring action from last year’s event and much more.
“We’ve captured some of that flavor and some of the wonderful DTEP activity in our latest 2020 Downtown calendar, now available for purchase at our web store.”
Participating bars and restaurants include:
– Circa 1963, 325 N. Kansas (inside Hotel Indigo)
– Craft & Social, 305 E. Franklin
– EPIC Bar & Nightclub, 510 N. Stanton
– Rockstar Burger Bar, 271 N. Stanton
– International, 114 E. Mills Ave.
– Park Tavern, 204 E. Mills Ave.
– The Tool Box, 506 N. Stanton St.
– Dillinger’s, 303 E. Franklin Ave.
– Church Bar, 212 E. Mills Ste. B
– B-17 Bombers Oyster Pub, 201 S. El Paso Street
– WXYZ Bar at Aloft, 303 Texas Ave.
– Mac’s Downtown, 315 E. Mills Ave.
– The Tap Bar & Restaurant, 408 E. San Antonio Ave.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
– Topgolf Best Team Costume/Outfit
– Best Team Name
– Miller Lite Low Team Score
– Miller Lite Low Individual Score
– District Coffee Co. Hole-in-one prize