The City of El Paso has earned the 2023 Leading the Way Platinum-Level Aetna Workplace Well-Being Award for its commitment to creating a healthy workplace for City employees as well as its commitment to health.
“We are constantly developing new ways to engage our employees and offer them innovative opportunities to get and stay healthy,” said Chief Human Resources Officer Mary Wiggins. “This award belongs to all those success stories and the Benefits staff who work selflessly every day to make our Wellness Program what it is!”
The City has received the highest recognition by featuring a well-crafted, comprehensive wellness strategy for employees to live a healthier and more active lifestyle while prioritizing wellness.
The City’s comprehensive workplace wellness program focuses on:
- Creating and maintaining an active lifestyle
- Mental health awareness and treatment
- Group and individual exercise programs
The City has also put into place the following programs to assist employees in reaching their health goals:
- Shape It Up Program that rewards employees for attaining certain fitness and wellness goals
- Annual Health Fairs
- Annual bloodwork events that allow employees and spouses to get discounts on the City Health Insurance
- On-site Wellness Coordinator meetings with employees to discuss individual health needs, such as diabetes, cholesterol management, high blood pressure, and other chronic diseases
- Creation of two City gyms
- Free Flu shots
- Monthly Wellness classes that feature various topics such as healthy cooking classes, meal-prep classes, diabetes management
The award application and well-being program was honored based upon the city’s superior performance in the following areas:
- Established well-being strategy with detailed planning and supporting mission statement
- Communication and integration of comprehensive programs offered
- Support from Executive Leadership, Upper Management and fully dedicated staff
“Congratulations to City of El Paso,” says Darren Bruton, Executive Director – Market Head of Sales & Service, Public and Labor. “This recognition shows how they emphasize the importance of employee well-being. We’re proud to be partnered with City of El Paso.”
For information about how to join Team El Paso visit, www.ElPasoTexas.gov/Careers.