On Thursday, El Paso Electric (EPE) officials announced that the company is now accepting applications for the 2020 Summer High School Internship Program.
“The transition from your junior year to senior year in high school is incredibly pivotal in the educational career for any student, so having access to internships of this type can be a unique experience in determining what trajectory they choose to take,” shares EPE interim CEO Adrian J. Rodriguez.
“Each student will become an integral part of the team gaining insight to the energy industry while experiencing the power of community partnerships built by a local company.”
The paid internship opportunity, in its eighth year, is open to all high school juniors in EPE’s service area, from Van Horn, TX to Hatch, NM.
The application deadline is February 10, 2020.
EPE’s Summer Internship Program provides students with the opportunities to develop leadership and teamwork skills through various group projects and work assignments. Each student will be placed in a department to learn work skills related to their future educational and/or career goals.
The internship will include a learning curriculum that covers the fundamentals of power generation, transmission, and distribution. Students will also participate in trainings that teach about business, finance, leadership and management skills.
A major component to the summer internship is the Corporate Social Responsibility Project, an annual initiative in which the students identify a need within the community and find creative ways to help address it.
High school students interested in the EPE summer internship program can access the application online, via this link and click on “Look at Current Openings.” There is no application fee.
- Currently enrolled as a high school junior in an accredited high school within the EPE service territory (Van Horn, TX to Hatch, NM)
- Must be classified as a high school junior for the 2019-2020 academic school year and entering their senior year beginning August 2020
- Must have an overall high school G.P.A. of a 3.0 or above
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. from Monday, June 9, 2020 – Friday, July 31, 2020.