El Paso Electric Requires Closure Along Interstate 10 in East El Paso
The developing areas of eastside El Paso County and the growing customer demand for energy will require El Paso Electric (EPE) to install new power lines that will need to cross Interstate 10 between the Eastlake and Horizon Boulevards’ exits. In order for EPE to safely complete this work in a timely manner, Interstate 10 (I-10) will be completely closed in both east and west directions – including the access roads – on Wednesday, March 2nd from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Electric service in this area will not be interrupted. Road closure and traffic detours will be assisted by the El Paso Police Department. Business thru-traffic will be accommodated and monitored by EPPD.
Road Closure Information
- I-10 East and West, including access roads, will be completely closed between Eastlake and Horizon Boulevards.
- From Loop 375: On-ramps to I-10 East will be completely closed.
- Westbound traffic along I-10 will need to exit the freeway at Horizon Blvd.
- Eastbound traffic along I-10 will need to exit the freeway at Exit 34B – Americas Avenue / Joe Battle Blvd. Traffic may continue Eastbound along Gateway Boulevard East to Eastlake Blvd or to access Loop 375.
- The main detour for this closure is through North Loop Drive connected via Nuevo Hueco Tanks Road and Horizon Blvd.
- Eastbound traffic Exit 34B – Americas Avenue / Joe Battle Blvd., continue on Gateway Boulevard East until Eastlake Blvd., or to access Loop 375.
Commuters are asked to respect construction barricades and be mindful of reduced speed limits.