A total of 13 student-musicians from EPISD high schools have been given All-State honors and will perform next month.
The all-state performance will be held in San Antonio’s Henry B. González Convention Center on February 15 as part of the 2020 Texas Music Educators Association Clinic/Convention.
The students were chosen for this prestigious honor through a competitive process organized across the state at district, region, and area levels.
“We are so Proud of the band, orchestra, and choir students of EPISD for representing themselves, their schools and their communities at the state level,” said Mark Saenz, EPISD’s instrumental music facilitator. “They truly exemplify the best of the best in our state. Congrats to all the music teachers and parents who are in these students lives helping them reach this honor.”
All-State Orchestra Students:
- Travis Langford – Symphony Orchestra, Double Bass – Franklin
- Thomas Langford – 5A Symphonic Band – Franklin
All=State Band Students:
- Zachary Rosenbaum – 6A Horn, Coronado
- Pablo Aun – 6A Tenor Trombone, Coronado
- Vivian Cai – (Recording) – 6A English Horn, Coronado
- Analina Uribe – 6A Bassoon, Coronado
- Conor Wilson – 6A TMEA Jazz Ensemble 1 – Bass Trombone, Coronado
EPISD All-State choir students:
- Jose Escoto – Tenor 1, Coronado
- Nathan Thompson – Tenor 2, Coronado
- Guillermo Correa-Cervantes – Bass 2, Coronado
- Noelle Porflit – Alto 1, El Paso High
- Isabella Ramirez – Alto 1, Irvin
- Victoria Villalobos – Alto 2, Franklin
- Zoe Chessa – 1st Alternate Treble, Coronado