Fourteen talented students from throughout EPISD participated in this year’s Reflections art contest from the Texas PTA, and four of them received awards during a ceremony in Austin this weekend.
Reflections is a national art contest that rewards students for their creative talents in six categories: dance choreography, literature, film production, photography, visual arts and music.
This year’s contest theme was “Within Reach.”
The four EPISD students that received special awards are:
- Jacklyn Quarles from Coronado High School, Award of Excellence in visual arts. To view Jacklyn’s art click here.
- Eleanor Schoenburn from Franklin High School, Award of Merit in photography. To view Eleanor’s photo click here.
- Taylor Silverman from Lincoln Middle School, Award of Merit in film production. To view Taylor’s film click here.
- Diego Lares from Mitzi Bond Elementary School, Honorable Mention in photography. To view Diego’s photo click here.
The following students also participated in the contest:
- Leena Alqadi, Mitzi Bond
- Alison Antonini, Western Hills Elementary School
- Sara Gauer, Mitzi Bond
- Evangeline Jorjorian, Lincoln Middle School
- Kirsten Larsen, Lincoln
- Laila Martin, Lincoln
- Walter Mitchell, Coronado High School
- Emily Mullen, Coronado
- Danika Scholten, Hornedo Middle School
- Kaia Thompson, Tippin Elementary School
Author: Gustavo Reveles – EPISD