Passports | Photo courtesy USPS
The El Paso Public Library officials announced that the Richard Burges Branch Library, located at 9600 Dyer, has become an official Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State.
The branch offers passport processing and photo services five days a week, including Saturdays, with no appointment necessary. The new office accepts all necessary application documents and forwards them to the U.S. Department of State for processing.
The Richard Burges Branch Library joins the Dorris Van Doren and Esperanza Acosta Moreno Branch Libraries in offering the passport service.
What documentation is needed:
- Completed (unsigned) passport application filled out in black ink. (Forms are available on the US State Department website www.travel.state.gov or at the participating branches)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Valid, government-issued photo identification
- One passport photo (photo service available onsite for a fee)
- Local Fees (Payable to the City of El Paso. Cash, check or money order only), $35 execution fee, $10 photo (optional)
- Application fee (payable to U.S. State Department. Check or money order only). Fee information or additional information available at www.travel.state.gov.
For more information on passport services including a schedule of operating hours, visit the El Paso Public Library website.