Although the El Paso Public Library may be closed for on-site visits due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are plenty of fun activities to do with the entire family on the library’s Facebook page and website.
“Cool and original programs created, recorded, and posted by library staff are available, including story time for kids, science demonstrations, library tutorials, and even cooking demonstrations, just to name a few,” officials shared via a news release.
All of the programs are free and available every day of the week.
The Public Library also offers an array of lending services online such as eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, movies, TV shows, and full music recordings by the original artists. The material is free and available to the public.
The Public Library offers the following virtual events:
Public Library Online Family Activities
- Story Time | Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays @ 11 AM
- Kitchen Science (Experiments with kitchen supplies) | Thursdays @ 11 AM
- QuarenTeen Cooking (Make delicious treats the easy way) | Thursdays @ 4:30 PM
- Reverb and Reference (Music available for free on HOOPLA) | Fridays @ 6 PM
- Mandy the Mule’s Hunt for History | Fridays @ 2PM
- Library Lego Challenge (Building block challenge) | Fridays @ 4:30PM