Officials with El Paso Water are reminding the community that the window to apply for their COVID-19 Assistance Program is closing, as applications will only be accepted until November 30.
“Both residential customers and small businesses that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may apply to receive payment assistance to help with past due water bills,” EPWater officials shared.
“EPWater received CARES Act grant funding in the amount of $500,000 for the COVID-19 Assistance Program through the City of El Paso.”
Environmental services fees (trash/recycling) on the water bill are not eligible for credits. Many customers will continue to have outstanding balances, and customers will continue to be responsible for remaining balances.
EPWater is also offering extended payment plans, which are available to all customers, whether or not customers qualify for the grant
There are separate qualifications for both residential customers and small businesses.
Customers who qualify can receive a credit of up to $500 toward past due balances. To be eligible, a customer must:
• be a residential customer and live within El Paso city limits;
• meet the household low income thresholds;
• show economic hardship as a result of COVID-19;
• have an active and verifiable account with EPWater; and
• not be receiving any other assistance for payment of your water bill.
Small Business Relief Program:
Customers who qualify can receive a credit of up to $1,000, toward up to six months of past due balances. To be eligible, a customer must:
• have no more than 5 employees, including the owner;
• operate within the city limits of El Paso;
• have an active commercial account with El Paso Water;
• have an overdue balance on your water bill; and
• have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19.
Details of the program, along with applications, are available online.
For any questions, call 915-263-4444 or send an email to Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org.