El Paso Electric (EPE) is now accepting applications for the 2018 Summer High School Internship Program. In its seventh year, this paid internship opportunity is open to all high school juniors in EPE’s service area.
During Tuesday’s kick off event, EPE announced the opening of the application period to over 300 Bowie High School juniors, and detailed the purpose and positive impact of this opportunity.
Through the course of the summer, students obtain leadership and teamwork skills through various work assignments and group projects, and participate in a learning curriculum which includes lessons on the fundamentals of power generation, transmission, and distribution. Students will also participate in trainings that teach them about engineering, business, finance, and leadership and management skills.
EPE Officials said, “One important component of the summer internship is the Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative, an annual task the students undertake which identifies a need within the community and attempts to find creative ways to give back.”
Parent and student information sessions will be provided at EPE headquarters located in downtown El Paso at 100 North Stanton. The dates of these information sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 3, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 12, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 18, 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 21, 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 25, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2, 6:00 p.m.
- Currently enrolled as a high school junior in an accredited high school within the EPE service area
- Must be classified as a high school junior for the 2017-2018 academic school year and entering your senior year beginning August 2018
- Must have an overall high school G.P.A. of a 3.0 or above
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship for an immigration related employment benefit
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. from Monday, June 11 2018- Friday, August 3, 2018
The closing date for this application is December 31, 2017. For more information on the Summer Internship Program, or other EPE internship opportunities, click here.