Photo courtesy EPCC/AISD
On Friday morning, El Paso Community College (EPCC) adopted Anthony Elementary as part of its school adoption program during a proclamation ceremony held at the school.
EPCC President Dr. William Serrata welcomed Anthony Independent School District (AISD) Superintendent Dr. Oscar A. Troncoso, Anthony Elementary Principal, Oralia Moseley and the student body to the program.
“A student is never too young to learn the importance of going to college,” Dr. William Serrata, EPCC President said. “Reaching out to elementary school students and their parents allows students to learn that higher education is within their reach and we build a college-going culture.”
Anthony Elementary School is EPCC’s tenth school adopted and first for AISD.
“We want all of our students to be college ready. Elementary students are at a crucial point in their lives when career beliefs and aspirations are being developed. We all know that the more you learn the more you will earn. So a good education will benefit you but a great education will transform your life,” said AISD Superintendent Dr. Oscar A. Troncoso,
“Thank you to Dr. Serrata and El Paso Community College for taking this initiative to promote higher education and more importantly a better life and future for the children of this community.”
EPCC has plans to continue adopting elementary schools across its district. Previously EPCC adopted the following schools:
- Campestre Elementary from Socorro Independent School District
- Frederick Douglass Elementary from El Paso Independent School District
- Ramona Elementary from Ysleta Independent School District
- Canutillo Elementary School from Canutillo Independent School District
- Frank Macias Elementary School from the Clint Independent School District
- O’Donnell Intermediate School from Fabens Independent School District
- Lorenzo G. Alarcon Elementary School from San Elizario Independent School District
- Benito Martinez Elementary from Fort Hancock Independent School District
- Tornillo Elementary School from Tornillo Independent School District