On Thursday, officials with El Paso Community College (EPCC) reached out to students and residents alike, regarding their preparations ahead of any local cases of the COVID-19 illness, better known as Coronavirus.
“EPCC is closely monitoring developments in the outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19),” college officials shared via a statement on their website. “As always, EPCC will follow the guidance of local, regional and national health authorities.”
“Currently, there are not any known cases of COVID-19 at EPCC or in El Paso County,” officials added.
Officials went on say that the “health and safety of EPCC students, faculty and staff are of utmost importance and our campus community should take the preventive actions to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)”
To that end, officials shared the following tips:
- Practice good hand hygiene, including washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Follow appropriate cough and sneeze etiquette
- Stay home, rest and avoid close contact with others when you are sick or have a fever
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
“EPCC will remain vigilant of this situation as it changes and is prepared to act in a timely manner. The campus community should consult the CDC and City of El Paso Public Health Department for the most recent COVID-19 information.”
For the most recent health developments on COVID-19, visit: