The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Warrants and Apprehension Unit conducted a warrant round up from March 7, 2016, through March 11, 2016, along with the department’s Target Response Unit, Patrol Division and the El Paso County Constables Office.
The operation was part of a statewide warrant roundup that included over 300 law enforcement agencies, municipal courts and justices of the peace.
The goal of the 2016 Great Texas Warrant Roundup was to clear outstanding Class C Misdemeanor warrants, of which were traffic-related citations.
Several other individuals were also arrested for other criminal offense.
- A total of 109 individuals were arrested.
- 51 of the total individuals arrested were for Class C Misdemeanor and Traffic Warrants.
- 57 of the total individuals arrested were for other criminal offenses.
- A total of 203 warrants were executed.
- 43 of the warrants executed were for felony warrants.
- 157 of the warrants executed were for misdemeanor warrants. 131 of the misdemeanor warrants executed were for Class C Misdemeanors and Traffic Offenses.
- Total bond/fine amount for all subjects arrested was $ 1,367,532.10. From the total amount, $58,332.10 was for Class Misdemeanors and Traffic Offenses. Several of the subjects arrested had no bond amount for their charges.
- Notable Arrest: Subject Pedro Martinez, age was taken into custody during round up for Murder with a bond of $500,000.00.
- Notable Arrest: Subject Crystal Aguilar, age 27 was taken into custody during round up for Assault Family/Household Member with Previous Conviction with a bond of $500.00. Aguilar was previously featured as one of the department’s “Most Wanted,” with Crime Stoppers of El Paso.