Photo courtesy EPISD
Members of the El Paso ISD Family shared their expertise and knowledge with school officials from throughout Texas at different sessions and presentations during the Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Conference in Austin this week.
A total of nine EPISD employees presented during the three-day conference designed to help school leaders improve service to students and employees.
The presentations ranged in topics from school leadership to customer service.
“EPISD is seen as a leader in providing top-level educational services to students, and it is not a surprise that so many of our employees are asked to share their knowledge at conferences like this one,” said Superintendent Juan Cabrera, who himself presented during a panel on digital transformation and student technology.
Other employees who presented included:
- Chief Academic Officer Tamekia Brown and Newman Elementary Principal Pauletta Howard on student innovation practices in the classroom.
- Lee Elementary Principal Terry Montes on leadership development and mentoring.
- Chief Communications Officer Melissa Martinez and Director of Community Engagement Gustavo Reveles on speech writing and effective customer service
- Mesita Elementary Principal and Chief of Connecting Languages & Dual Language Laila Ferris on exemplary dual-language practices.
- Execuctive Director of Student & Family Empowerment and Director of Social & Emotional Learning Sandra Montes-Uranga on social and emotional learning strategies.