EPISD has announced date changes to the athletic schedule during the week of the Papal visit.
The District will be forced to alter the schedule of several high- and middle-school athletic events because the District will be closed on Wednesday, Feb. 17. Additionally, several schools in the Bowie and Jefferson feeder patterns will have early dismissal on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Schedule changes affect high school boys basketball, softball, soccer and girls middle school basketball.
• Basketball – the following boys varsity, junior varsity and ninth grade games will move from Tuesday, Feb. 16, to Monday, Feb. 15:
o Burges vs. Bowie
o El Paso vs. Jefferson
• Game times remain the same: Varsity and JV 7:15 p.m.; and freshman 5:45 p.m.
• Softball – the following varsity and junior varsity games will be moved from Tuesday, Feb. 16, to Monday, Feb. 15, at 4 p.m.
o Bowie vs. Fabens (varsity)
o Fabens vs. Bowie (JV)
o Jefferson vs. Coronado (varsity)
o Coronado vs. Jefferson (JV)
• Soccer – The following 5A boys varsity and junior varsity games have been moved from Wednesday, Feb. 16, to Monday, Feb. 15.
o Austin vs. Andress
o Bowie vs. Canutillo
o Irvin vs. Burges
o Chapin vs. Jefferson
• The following 5A girls varsity and junior varsity high school games have been moved from Tuesday, Feb. 16, to Monday, Feb. 15.
o Canutillo vs. Bowie
o Jefferson vs. Chapin
• Girl’s middle school basketball will be moved to Thursday, Feb. 18, from Wednesday, Feb. 17. Game times are 5:30 p.m. for seventh grade games. Eighth grade games will follow at approximately 7 p.m. or 15 minutes following the seventh grade game.
o Magoffin vs. Guillen
o Morehead vs. Hornedo
o Canyon Hills vs. Wiggs
o Lincoln vs. Ross
o Armendariz vs. Henderson
o Terrace Hills vs. Bassett
o Richardson vs. Charles
o Brown vs. MacArthur