As November is National Adoption Month, we here at the Herald Post have partnered with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to help raise the profile for kids in foster care whose permanency goal is adoption.
This is the eighth in a series of stories profiling a child looking for their Forever Family. To see the previous children, click here.
Eean is an adventurous boy who loves reading books, watching Japanese anime series and drawing comics in his sketch book. His favorite anime is Inuyasha!
Discovering history is a passion for Eean. He enjoys learning about the past and is very knowledgeable on many important historical events. He loves technology and is fascinated with anything that deals with computers.
Eean is an extremely thoughtful child, looking for a forever family to love him and help him thrive. He says he’d be open to living outside of Texas.
If you think you could be the forever family for Eean, or for another Texas child, log onto the web ator call 1-800-233-3405 for more information on foster care & adoption in Texas.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.