As November is National Adoption Month, we here at the Herald Post have partnered with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to help raise the profile for kids in foster care whose permanency goal is adoption.
This is the fifth in a series of stories profiling a child looking for their Forever Family. To see the previous children, click here.
Oscar is a social butterfly who doesn’t shy away from a good song and a dance floor. His favorite superhero is Superman!
He’s a very active child and likes to be involved in many activities. Oscar’s hobbies include playing video games and participating in sports like football and basketball. Oscar likes to eat well and exercise to stay in good shape. He’s a smart child who enjoys school.
Oscar is looking for a forever family that can provide love, patience, consistency, and structure. With positive encouragement, Oscar would love his new family unconditionally and be there for them no matter what.
If you think you could be the forever family for Oscar, or for another Texas child, log onto the web ator call 1-800-233-3405 for more information on foster care & adoption in Texas.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.