Five EPISD high school students earned Texas Music Educators Association All-State choir honors this month, receiving the highest honor a Texas music student can receive.
The honored students hailed from the award-winning choir programs at Chapin, Coronado and Franklin high schools.
This year’s All-State choir members are:
- Victoria Villalobos – Alto 2 (Franklin)
- Gael Barajas – Tenor 2 (Franklin)
- Alpha Garcia – Alto 1 (Chapin)
- Banah Abdeljaber – Alto 2 (Coronado)
- Nathan Thompson – Tenor 2 (Coronado)
“This is the first year that choir students had to audition virtually and with recordings,” said Gail Manago, vocal music facilitator. “I commend them all for their numerous hours in learning a new process, but also for their dedication and hours of work to achieve their musical success.”
Unfortunately, because of the pandemic, the TMEA will not host a 2021 performance event.