As the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose, Immunize El Paso is offering booster shots.
Officials say each of Immunize El Paso’s three clinics is accepting appointments and walk-ins for third (booster) COVID-19 doses.
Immunocompromised patients include people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them before getting immunized.
- Eastside – 1400 George Dieter, Ste 225
- San Juan – 6292 Trowbridge, 79905
- Downtown – 513 W. San Antonio, Ste B 79901
For more information, visit immunizeelpaso.org or call 915-533-3414.