As in the past few years, the KCOS Art Auction is now a juried competition. Area artists of all mediums are invited to submit up to two entries each. Local galleries are also invited to submit work from the artists they represent.
Emily Martin Loya, KCOS’ General Manager says, “All funds raised will go toward the top-notch and award-winning programming El Paso and Southern New Mexico has come to enjoy from KCOS, your local PBS station.”
The winner of each category will receive a $100 cash prize, and the best in show will receive a $500 cash prize.
There will also be a non-juried Special Collections category including works from Early El Paso artists and other special donations.
Entry forms and the art auction handbook are enclosed and available online. All selected works will be presented on-air for bid during the KCOS Art Auction with a brief artist biography and will be highlighted for preview online.
There are five juried categories for art submission including:
- Local Flavor- a celebration of the best of the Paso del Norte region in all mediums.
- Figurative- a celebration of human form and representations of animals.
- Still Life and Landscapes- still life and non-regional landscapes in all mediums.
- Photography- photographs, limited editions, lithographs, and etchings.
- Contemporary & Mixed media- abstract, non-objective works, three dimensional works in all media, including functional art.
Deadline to submit entries is Friday, February 24th ,which allows us time to select and schedule the art so we can share with you and our viewers a 30 minute timeframe in which your art will be televised for bidding.
The KCOS Art Auction dates are April 22 & 23, 2017 and April 29 & 30, 2017.