El Paso Locomotive FC and KVIA-TV/CW collectively announced Monday they will continue their partnership to broadcast Locomotive FC matches on the local CW with weekly full-game rebroadcasts of five highlighted matches from Locomotive FC’s inaugural season.
All rebroadcasts are scheduled to kick off every Saturday at 4:00 p.m. MT starting on March 28 with Locomotive’s 3-1 Regular Season victory over eventual Western Conference Semifinal foe, Sacramento Republic FC.
Each match up will be highlighted by commentary and analysis by Head Coach Mark Lowry during the half-time break and after the full-time whistle.
“During this extraordinary time, we’re excited to be able to bring these matches from 2019 to our fans who miss the opportunity to watch their Locomotive team live,” Locomotive FC President Alan Ledford said. “Coach Lowry and the guys are looking forward to being back on the pitch, but in the meantime, this will provide a fun opportunity to see some great Locos soccer.”
Locomotive FC’s home matches against LA Galaxy II, Fresno FC and the 4-1 win over Portland Timbers 2 that earned El Paso a playoff berth will highlight each Saturday following the March 28 rebroadcast of May’s clash against Republic FC.
The five-game series will culminate on April 25 with a replay of the Western Conference Semifinal against Sacramento that saw El Paso punch its ticket to its first appearance in the Western Conference Final.
“El Paso Locomotive and KVIA-TV aren’t waiting for the soccer season to resume,” said KVIA-TV General Manager Kevin Lovell. “We’re happy to be bringing several of the best inaugural season Locomotive games back to the airwaves. Get your soccer fix and tune in!”
See the full rebroadcast schedule below:
- Saturday, March 28; 4:00 p.m. MT – Home vs. Sacramento Republic FC (Regular Season; 5/18/19)
- Saturday, April 4; 4:00 p.m. MT – Home vs LA Galaxy II (Regular Season; 6/8/19)
- Saturday, April 11; 4:00 p.m. MT – Home vs Portland Timbers 2, (Regular Season; 10/15/19)
- Saturday, April 18; 4:00 p.m. MT – Home vs Fresno, (Regular Season; 10/2/19)
- Saturday, April 25; 4:00 p.m. MT – Home vs Sacramento, (Western Conference Semifinal; 11/2/19)