On Friay, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office will be honoring Fallen Sheriff’s Deputy Peter J. Herrera #4928 and to that end have released information regarding his services, the procession and the attendant road closure that will occur.
The community can expect an influx of law enforcement activity in the areas near and around St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Catholic Church located at 12200 Vista Del Sol Drive.
Via a news release EPCSO officials shared, “The public can expect a large procession and for the roads near and around the above mention, areas to be closed for the duration of the procession. Normal traffic flow will resume once the end of the procession passes through the area.”
The Sheriff’s Office will be closing all thru traffic on Vista Del Sol Drive between Bob Hope Drive and Peter Cooper Drive. That area will remain closed from about 9:00am until approximately 1:00pm.
EPCSO officials add, “This is being done to accommodate the overwhelming amount of law enforcement vehicles who are expected to attend in a show support for our fallen deputy.”
For any member of the public who wishes to attend the services the only entry into St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Catholic Church will be the entrance of Peter Cooper Drive.
At the conclusion, the Sheriff’s Office will escort Deputy Peter J. Herrera to his final resting place.
The route is as follows:
- Depart 12200 Vista Del Sol DR
- Eastbound on Vista Del Sol DR
- South on S Joe Battle BLVD
- Enter State Loop 375 S
- Exit Americas Ave (Exit 45A)
- West on North Loop DR
- North on Bordeaux DR
- Pass Del Valle High School (Deputy P. Herrera’s Alma Mater)
- West on Betel DR
- Pass Harmony School of Excellence
- South on Burgundy DR
- Pass Le Barron Park Elementary School
- East on North Loop DR
- North on North Americas AVE
- Enter State Loop 375 N
- Exit 35 Montana AVE (US 62 / 180)
- N Joe Battle BLVD
- East on Montana AVE (US 62 / 180)
- Enter Evergreen Cemetery (12400 Montana AVE)