Metropia, a transportation technology company, will announce at its Mobility Symposium on Monday, October 24, 2016, that the full Metropia platform, including the consumer-facing Metropia mobile app, is now available in the Paso del Norte Region.
Metropia’s team of traffic engineers and regional experts monitor the latest traffic conditions and construction closures from their new offices at the Hub of Human Innovation in Downtown El Paso.
Metropia collaborates with area transportation experts, regional planning agencies and community stakeholders to create meaningful change by serving as the only single-source platform to share data with our entire community.
After nine months of testing, Metropia’s mobile app is ready to put the power of those partnerships in the hands of users by rewarding them for making better commuting decisions.
Regional transportation leaders will celebrate the launch of Metropia with a Mobility Symposium and Information Fair on Monday, October 24, 2016.
10:45 am to Noon
333 N. Oregon Street
Noon to 1:00 pm
San Jacinto Plaza
Open to the Public
Master of Ceremonies:
- Marybeth Stevens, Advisor, Metropia El Paso; Chairwoman of the Board, Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce
Mobility Symposium Panelists:
- Dr. Yi-Chang Chiu, Founder, Metropia
- Bob Bielek, P.E., El Paso District Engineer, Texas Department of Transportation
- Mathew McElroy, Director of International Bridges, City of El Paso
Information Fair Participants:
- SunCycle Bike Share
- Velo Paso Bike + Pedestrian Alliance
- City of El Paso Office of Resilience and Sustainability
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Sun Metro
Metropia’s launch in El Paso is a joint project with the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority, the Texas Department of Transportation, the El Paso Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the City of El Paso.
Visit metropia.com/elpaso for more information.