A miniature golf tournament is headed to Downtown El Paso, to show off the city’s nightlife and to test resident’s mini-golf skills
The Barstool Open, presented by Miller Lite and Topgolf and produced by the Downtown Management District (DMD), is a 9-hole miniature golf tournament with holes spread throughout seven downtown bars.
For a $60 registration fee ($80 for day-of registration), teams of four will receive a swag bag, play 9-holes of miniature golf, have the opportunity to compete for a variety of prizes, and experience some of the downtown’s great bars.
The Barstool Open is but one the Downtown Management District’s latest event highlighting downtown assets.
In April, the DMD will host the second annual Downtown Living Tour showcasing modern, urban residential options. Also in September, the DMD will also host the second annual Eat Authentico Restaurant Crawl, as well as the Running of the Bulls 5k Run/Walk in October.
More information and registration can be accessed online. The event will be held on Saturday, January 27th. Packet pick-up and day-of registration will be open from 10:30am-1pm at Circa 1963.
Golfing will start at 11am and run through 3pm, with teams guiding themselves to the various locations at their leisure and in their desired order. An awards ceremony will be held from 3-4:30pm at Circa 1963.
Participating bars include:
- Circa 1963, 325 N. Kansas (inside Hotel Indigo)
- Craft & Social, 305 E. Franklin
- EPIC Bar & Nightclub, 510 N. Stanton
- Gray Dog, 500 N. Oregon St.
- International, 114 E. Mills Ave.
- Park Tavern, 204 E. Mills Ave.
- The Speak Easy, 303 E. Franklin Ave.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- The Topgolf Best Team Costume/Outfit (Prizes provided by Topgolf)
- Best Team Name
- Low Team Score
- Low Individual Score
- The Coffee Box Hole-in-One prize (Free Coffee Box beverage (up to $5 value) for participants who make a hole-in-one)