The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office encourages those incarcerated within the Detention System to maintain relations with their family and friends through our social visitation program. Starting on October 17, 2015, a new visitation schedule is in effective.
Even Floors/Pods: Odd Floors/Pods:
Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Saturday – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday – 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- If you have any special needs, advise the officer at the Information Desk of your needs to allow for proper accommodation.
- You must be 17 years of age or older and provide valid picture identification. You may only bring your personal identification and keys into the visitation area.
- You may only visit once on any designated visiting day.
- Each individual may visit for 20 minutes.
- Children 16 years of age or younger may visit on designated Children’s Day and on holidays in the company of an adult. Children may not be left unattended.
- You must follow the dress code – no halter tops, tank tops, low-cut necklines, see-through or sleeveless blouses/tops. No short skits/dresses or shorts. No clothing portraying pornography, sexually explicit or containing derogatory messages.
What to Expect:
You will be asked to complete a Visitor’s Slip when you arrive. The officer will verify that you are an approved visitor and will note housing location of the person you are visiting on the slip.
After passing through a metal detector, you may be scanned with a hand-held metal detector also. If probable cause exists, you may be subject to a physical search. You will be asked to leave your identification card. It will be returned when you exit.
Once you reach the appropriate housing area, provide the officer with the visitation slip and you may then have a seat. After your visit is complete, you may pick up your identification card and, if you chose, you may also deposit funds into your loved ones commissary account.
The following items are considered contraband and are prohibited in the facility:
*Food or beverages *Pens, pencils, markers, etc.
*Packages, bags or purses *Alcohol and/or illegal substances
*Electronic devices, cell phones, cameras, etc. *Implements for escape
*Weapons of any kind
The El Paso Downtown Detention Facility is located at 601 E. Overland, and the El Paso County Jail Annex is located at 12501 E. Montana.
Author: El Paso County Sheriff’s Office