National Compassion Fund staff will be in El Paso November 1-2 to assist with applications for financial assistance from One Fund El Paso in relation to the August 3 mass shooting.
National Compassion Fund staff will assist with applications from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2 at the El Paso United Community Assistance Center (El Paso County’s Family Youth Services Center) at 6314 Delta.
Email email@example.com to request an appointment.
There are four types of applications — death benefits; individual physical injury for victims requiring overnight hospitalization or long-term care; individual physical injury of victims treated at area hospitals on an emergency outpatient basis; and individuals witnessing the attack and its aftermath.
Victims must have been present at the Cielo Vista Walmart, Sam’s Club or their respective parking lots during the attack.
One Fund El Paso is a single entity established by the City of El Paso, the El Paso Community Foundation and the Paso del Norte Community Foundation to streamline the process of distributing donated funds to victims of the August 3 mass shooting.
Those who have registered for assistance may apply at nationalcompassionfund.org. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 8.
The following agencies are offering application assistance through November 8:
Applicants must call or email ahead to set up an appointment at any of these locations.
- Centro San Vicente Health Center, 8061 Alameda, 915-858-2932
Ask to speak with Outreach and Enrollment Assisters
- County of El Paso General Assistance, 6314 Delta, 915-775-2726
Contact: Maria Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Paso Center for Children, 2200 N. Stevens, 915-565-8361
Contact: Jacqueline Flores, email@example.com
- El Paso Child Guidance Center, 2701 E. Yandell, 915-562-1999, ext. 3000
Contact: Betty Avila, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center, 1500 Yandell 915-283-4706
Contact: Linda Corchado, email@example.com
- Project BRAVO, 2000 Texas, 915-562-4100
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Inc., 1331 Texas, 915-585-5115
Contact: Gracie Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org
No appointment necessary.
- Technology Hub — Edificio GAGA,Ave. Lopez Mateos 924, Col. La Playa, 656-257-0136
Hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, November 2.