The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation will host AARP TaxAide to offer free income tax preparation at Memorial Senior Center, 1800 Byron Street starting next week.
Services, which will start March 3 and run through April 14 by appointment, will be available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Drop-ins will not be accommodated, so users will have to make an appointment by calling (915) 212-0391.
“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tax preparation site will be drop-off only. The taxpayer will make the appointment and arrive at the location,” officials shared via a news release.
The taxpayer will receive an intake form to complete and be interviewed by a certified tax preparer who will review their documents. The taxpayer will then leave the site and called once their tax return is complete. They will arrive for a final interview to review all documents and sign the return.
What to bring:
- Photo ID of the taxpayer(s)
- Original Social Security cards or social security statement (SSA-1099) of the taxpayer(s) and all dependents
- All W-2s, 1099s for interest and dividends, broker statements, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, CSA 1099-R, SSA-1099, 1099-G (unemployment) and other 1099s or W-2G (gambling winnings) that you received for the 2020 tax year
- The amounts received for the two stimulus payments
- Any records to support deductions if resident plans to itemize or claim the charitable deduction (this year only, up to $300 in cash donations with receipts or cancelled checks)
- Last year’s tax return for comparison
AARP TaxAide is a free service provided by AARP and the IRS. It is open free of charge to all persons and you do not have to be an AARP member to participate.
For more information, call the Parks and Recreation Department at (915) 212-0391.