Photo courtesy The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park
As Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park officials prepare to unveil their reimagining of the El Paso icon in the spring of 2020, they are asking the public to contribute to the next era of culture and history through its “My Plaza” campaign.
“The storied hotel has hosted countless visitors ranging from the Hollywood elite to prominent politicians throughout its glamorous 89-year history and has played a significant role in celebrating the culture of El Paso and enriching the lives of its residents,” hotel officials shared via a news release.
Through the “My Plaza” campaign, the memorabilia, images and memories of milestone business deals, first kisses, engagements, marriages, vacations and family gatherings will now be captured and celebrated on the hotel’s Instagram and Facebook channels and blog.
The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park is seeking the following:
- Stories from those who attended the opening of The Plaza (formerly the Hilton Hotel) in 1930.
- Photos, stories, journal entries, and memories from those who worked, stayed or experienced the hotel throughout the decades.
- Photos and a brief account of those who were engaged, married or celebrated at The Plaza.
- Photos of the hotel such as the exteriors, rooms, restaurant and ballroom from 1930 to recent years.
- Photos of memorabilia such as hotel receipts, menus, invitations, and advertisements, etc.
For those who desire to participate, there are two ways to join the “My Plaza” campaign:
- Post a photo and caption on Facebook or Instagram tagging @plazahotelelpaso with the hashtag #myplaza.
- Head to the Plaza Hotel website where you can submit your story and image.
Slated to open in the spring of 2020, The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park is a newly restored, historic boutique property located in El Paso, Texas. Set in the heart of downtown’s Las Plazas Arts District, the 130-room architectural landmark originally opened in 1930.
The Plaza is in its final stages of a complete restoration with the addition of two restaurants and bars, and it makes an impressive addition to the city’s overall revitalization plan.
Upon its opening, The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park will celebrate local artistry, diversity and the vibrancy of West Texas culture. For more information, visit their website, Facebook page or Instagram page.