All five finalists for the position of City Attorney will be available for a public ‘meet and greet’ next Monday in downtown El Paso.
The City of El Paso invites the public to meet and greet the City Attorney finalists from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, October 22, at the Plaza Theatre, 125 West Mills Avenue.
The candidates will be interviewed the following day by City Council members; as well as members of a Citizen Advisory Panel and an Employee Advisory Panel who will provide feedback to assist Council with the selection of the City Attorney.
The City Council approved five finalists for the City Attorney position on October 2 during a regular Council meeting. They are:
- Valeria M. Acevedo, who has served as the City Attorney for the City of New Braunfels, Texas, since 2011.
- Lysia Bowling, who has served as the City Attorney for the City of Pensacola, Florida, since 2015.
- Joseph “Buck” Brice, who has served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Corpus Christi, Texas, since 2010.
- Kimberley Mickelson, who has served as a Senior Assistant City Attorney for the City of Houston since 2017.
- Karla Nieman, who currently serves as the Interim City Attorney for the City of El Paso.
There will be a Special Council Meeting at 3 p.m. on October 23, for Council to consider the selection of the City Attorney.