The 252,000 square foot Eastlake Marketplace will be anchored by a new movie theater as well as several soft goods retailers and restaurants new to the Eastlake area.
River Oaks Properties officials announced their plans for 11 new shopping centers, totaling 500,000 square feet of construction in El Paso for 2019-2020.
“In 2019 and 2020 River Oaks Properties will add over 500,000 square feet of quality retail shopping center space in El Paso,” said River Oaks Executive Chairman, Jerry Rubin and President Adam Frank. “This adds up to several thousand jobs that will be created. River Oaks is proud that we are able to make all these projects happen without any city or county tax dollars to subsidize our development.”
Many of the planned developments center around North Zaragoza Road, in Far East El Paso, which is in the heart of the city’s fastest growing area.
In addition to these exciting new East Side construction plans, River Oak’s West Towne Marketplace, at I-10 and Paseo del Norte in the Northwest, will soon welcome a new FLIX Brewhouse cinema, a 10 screen movie theater and brewery that is a concept new to the El Paso market.
The site will also add another 9,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space adjacent to the movie theater. These will be joined by two sit-down restaurants at West Towne Marketplace on the I-10 frontage road.
River Oaks also announced the completion of the last pad site to its Northeast El Paso North Hills Shopping Center, adding another 5,000 square feet, including the Northeast’s second Starbucks location.
These projects include:
- A new 63,000 square foot Albertsons supermarket, one of the largest in El Paso, at the intersection of Zaragoza Road and Pebble Hills Drive in Far East El Paso.
- 15,000 square feet of retail shopping space adjacent to Albertsons, The Market at Pebble Hills, set to open in 2020. The development will include an Albertsons convenience store with gas fueling station, as well.
- The 40,000 square foot Reserve at Rich Beem smart-growth center, with 8 buildings, outdoor patios, enhanced landscaping, common areas for gatherings and ample parking in the rear.
- Two new shopping centers on the west side of Zaragoza Road and Edgemere Drive, Paseo Real I and Paseo Real II, as well as a new Burger King restaurant.
- Just across Zaragoza Road on Edgemere, behind the busiest McDonald’s restaurant in El Paso, construction just finished on a 7,000 square foot retail shopping center.
- Two shopping centers, Rich Beem Crossing II and Edgemere Square, at Rich Beem Boulevard and Edgemere Drive containing over 17,000 square feet of retail space.
- The Montana Pointe shopping center at Rich Beem Boulevard and Montana will have 12,000 square feet of retail space.
- Groundbreaking of the new power center at Eastlake Boulevard and I-10 is also underway and scheduled to open in late-2020. The 252,000 square foot Eastlake Marketplace will be anchored by a new movie theater as well as several soft goods retailers and restaurants new to the Eastlake area.