2020 Santa’s Wonderland | The festive experience begins with Santa’s arrival on November 7 and runs through December 24. Online reservations open on Monday, November 2.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Officials with Cabela’s will be continuing their tradition of ‘Santa’s Wonderland this Christmas Season, allowing families to visit Santa Claus in person this holiday season, with a reimagined free experience.
Officials share that through an innovative contactless visit with Santa and a variety of health measures, Santa’s Wonderland will prioritize everyone’s safety while allowing kids and families to share their Christmas wishes directly with Santa Claus.
“This year has been incredibly difficult for so many kids and families,” said noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris. “With countless activities cancelled and many families dealing with added stress, we feel it’s more important than ever to provide some free Christmas magic and help safely create cherished holiday memories.”
Despite a trying year, American families remain strongly committed to maintaining the warmth and joy of Christmas this holiday season.
A recent national survey found that 92 percent of American parents with children under 10 years-old want to hold on to holiday traditions as much as possible this year, with three in five parents comfortable taking their kids to see Santa with safety protocols in place.
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is applying a comprehensive approach to help ensure everyone’s safety throughout the event.
“The company’s COVID procedures have been recognized and applauded by governors and health departments alike as a best practice for other retailers and public facilities,” Cabela’s officials shared.
Key elements include:
- Free Digital Reservations: Advance digital reservations are required for all guests and can be made online. Spots are limited to allow appropriate physical distancing and additional cleaning.
- Temperature Screening: All families and team members will complete temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering Santa’s Wonderland.
- Magic Santa Shield: An innovative, glare-free clear protective barrier will be in place between Santa and families at all times to allow for a contactless experience. The shield is cleaned and sanitized between each visit.
- Physical Distancing: Families will standby in a designated area away from other shoppers with fun winter wonderland-themed floor decals and signage to ensure a safe distance.
- Santa’s Sanitation Squad: Santa’s team of elves will clean all surfaces between each visit and frequently ensure all safety measures are being implemented correctly.
- Face coverings: All team members throughout the store are required to wear face coverings. Customer requirements vary by location based on local public health guidelines.
Store officials share that the magic begins with Santa’s arrival on November 7. Families are invited to a socially distanced tailgate event in designated parking spots with a free outdoor parade featuring giveaways, Christmas carols, hot cocoa and magical fun building up to the arrival of the big guy himself.
From Santa’s arrival through December 24, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s transforms its stores into festive Christmas villages. Families who visit Santa receive a free 4×6 studio-quality photo, as well as a free customized digital video that can be shared on social media. In addition, families can mail their letter to Santa and bring home free holiday craft activity kits.
Advance reservations can be made beginning on November 2. To learn more, and make a reservation, visit www.cabelas.com/santa.